Founded in 2013, Canvas Ventures is a boutique venture capital firm based in the San Francisco Bay Area with $835 million in assets under management. Canvas leads Series A investments in key areas including Fintech (Keyway, Possible Finance), Marketplaces (Zola, Roofstock, Flyhomes), and Digital Health (Airvet, Vida, Pine Park Health), and the Infrastructure that powers them, including Web3.
At Canvas, we devote ourselves to a select set of visionary builders. We follow a thesis-driven approach to investing, scouting, and securing fields ripe for disruption and focus heavily on supercharging our companies’ go-to-market engines. Our general partners Rebecca, Paul, Mike, and Gary have a collective 45+ years of operating experience
Opportunities and Responsibilities:
- Conduct end-to-end recruiting of GTM and people leaders for a prioritized set of Canvas portfolio companies at VP/Director/Head of level (~10-12 roles/annually)
- Build the future of internal Canvas talent in partnership with the Canvas partners, via driving and owning all efforts for Canvas firm recruiting, across investors, associates, portfolio service providers
- Identify and recruit leading marketers for each new annual cohort of the Canvas Go-to-Market Council
- Sustain a curated, elite network of top talent across the Canvas theses (fintech, healthtech, marketplaces, and Web3/infrastructure layer) in service of community-driving events that enrich our portfolio
- Build and maintain a SWAT team of search firms and individuals with capacity, targeted expertise, and right-sized pricing models for our portfolio that create a competitive advantage for Canvas
- Serve as an advisor along with the Canvas investing partners to our CEOs and their exec teams to help them learn talent best practices through generating and providing playbooks and resources
This is a good fit for someone who:
- Has 6-8 years of experience, with a minimum of 3-5 years of recruiting, either within a search firm or a technology company as the lead recruiter
- Has a Bachelor’s degree, ideally
- Is a natural relationship-builder energized by making connections with people
- Is emotionally intelligent, specifically around the ability to “read” people quickly and astutely
- Has sharp foresight, clear judgment, and a strong point of view
- Demonstrates confidence, conviction, and polish in all communications
- Exhibits high integrity and the utmost discretion
- Is Scrappy with a can-do attitude
- Is a collaborative, team player with low ego
- Is hyper-organized and communicative
- Has a high horsepower with the ability to prioritize
- Has a positive and fun, energy-lifting presence and mindset
How to apply: Please send resume and cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jenny Zemel serves as Manager, Special Projects where she provides interdepartmental support on a variety of projects for both the NVCA team and Venture Forward team. She also helps support the administrative needs of NVCA’s President and CEO Bobby Franklin.