Costanoa Ventures is a Palo Alto/San Francisco based venture capital firm that invests in seed and Series A startups primarily in data and ML infrastructure, fintech, and vertical SaaS. Our purpose is to help build meaningful technology companies, but we believe the environment in which they grow matters. We’re a firm for whom core values are practiced daily and we do our jobs as a team. This means we pride ourselves not on individual success but on the success of our companies and the firm as a whole. It’s why culture fit is as important to us as the skills to do the job.
Our Operating Platform aspires to be the most innovative and value-added in a boutique early-stage firm and is a key part of what sets Costanoa apart. This blended job will support both firm marketing (~50%) and the operating platform (~50%) that makes us so different. It will report to Martina Lauchengco, Partner, and is an opportunity to be directly mentored in whatever direction you want to grow. You’ll also be part of a highly collaborative operating team that believes we do our best work together.
- Marketing Strategy & Execution
- Drive marketing strategy and execution for the firm, including managing brand awareness and evolving Costanoa brand expression to meet firm goals.
- Craft key messaging with partners to develop firm positioning and differentiation.
- Create and standardize key marketing assets for the investment team.
- Manage our digital and web presence.
- Develop appropriate marketing programs and promotion, including but not limited to appropriate Costanoa or partner events and developing content and strategies for enabling teams to create quality, important content (blogs).
- Enable all Costanoa events, including working with the team on event management, logistics, and promotion.
- Lead social strategy, including directing its voice and amplification through everyone in the firm.
- Report on marketing results and connect to outcomes.
- Lead media relations and public relations
- Lead company funding announcements and assisting with enabling company launches.
- Direct speaking engagements, such as panels and podcasts, and drive improvement of the team as spokespeople.
- Create and distribute quarterly newsletters to the Costanoa ecosystem.
Operationalize Operating Platform
- Manage and expand partner program and relationships
- Direct operating platform programming and develop systems, processes and team to deliver a differentiated offering.
- Direct the evolution of internal self-serve toolkit for portfolio companies and weekly updates to portfolio on resources.
- Work with the team to execute all operating platform programs, including all events — physical and virtual — from promoting, to managing event execution with the team.
- Support Marketing, Sales, and Talent partners in the execution of their sprints where relevant.
- Facilitating portfolio-wide communication across all functions, including simplifying process for mailing list management and creating Incredabytes weekly email.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is genuinely curious about technology and all it enables in the world. You’ll need to make what we do interesting to people who don’t necessarily understand it but need to value it.
- Has exceptional communication skills, in particular written and verbal.
- Understands the venture community and startup ecosystem and enjoys engaging with it and her peers.
- Is comfortable and capable working with company founders, CEOs, often highly technical.
- 6-10 years of marketing experience in the tech, finance or venture industry, but we care more about your raw skills than where you learned or honed them.
- B.A. or M.A. You’re working with entrepreneurs who are smart and don’t have much patience for those who don’t seem to be keeping up with them. We don’t care where you went to school, just that you know how to be excellent and what that looks like.
It is the policy of Costanoa Ventures to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Costanoa welcomes different perspectives and a range of experiences that employees bring, including those based upon nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability age differences, job classification and religion. All employees are valued regardless of status and everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
If you are interested in this position, you can apply here.