Sapphire Ventures is seeking a Digital Marketing Program Manager to scale its digital marketing
programs ranging from database/email marketing, to digital events, to social media and more.
Marketing is a critical function at Sapphire and is responsible for increasing the profile of the
firm, as well as connecting entrepreneurs with our Portfolio Growth services that help them
scale their businesses. The marketing team is part of the Portfolio Growth team and works
closely with investment teams to deliver on the firm’s objectives.
The ideal candidate is a motivated, organized creative thinker that excels in the planning,
managing and execution of digital marketing activations ranging from marketing automation
campaigns to facilitating webinars and website optimization. Through your efforts you will create
valuable, measurable and repeatable marketing experiences that meet the needs of our
investment teams and portfolio companies.
Sapphire Venture’s culture is based on transparency, ambition, and teamwork. Your willingness
to have fun while working in a dynamic, changing environment will be critical to your success.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, you will work closely with the rest of the
Portfolio Growth team to enhance the visibility of Sapphire and the value we deliver to
• Develops and executes digital marketing programs to build the firm’s brand, as well as,
increase engagement with key audiences
• In partnership with the marketing team, you will design and build web, SEO, database
marketing, email, social media, webinar, and display advertising campaigns.
• Contributes to marketing effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range
opportunities and challenges that should be addressed.
• Measures and reports performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assesses
against goals (ROI and KPIs).
• Plans, executes, and measures experiments and conversion tests.
• Manages the marketing team’s digital budget and relationship with external vendors
• Maintain the team analytics and dashboards for digital programs
• Develops digital marketing expertise by providing information, educational opportunities,
and insights to the Portfolio Growth team.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing or a related field
• 2-5 years of proven working experience in digital marketing
• Demonstrable experience developing, leading and managing SEO, database, email,
and/or social media campaigns
• Proficiency with HubSpot, WordPress and Google Doc productivity suites. Basic
knowledge of virtual event systems such as Zoom webinars and Bizzabo, CRM systems,
and Adobe Creative Cloud preferred.
• Solid knowledge of website and marketing analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics,
SEMRush, HubSpot, etc.)
• Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
• Basic design skills a plus (Photoshop, Canva, etc…)
• Knowledge of the startup and venture industries recommended
• Strong time management skills and ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently
• High energy, positive, professional attitude, pride in work product.
• Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading skills, and speaking.
• Austin, TX-based
• Sapphire Ventures offers a competitive salary and bonus plan
• 401(K) Plans/ Profit sharing along with Health/ Dental and Vision
• Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States
• Submit your resume and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please use the subject line: Digital Marketing Manager Application