PROOF is seeking a full-time Communications Manager. PROOF is a growth stage venture capital fund and invests in breakout companies in venture across all verticals via the pro rata rights of our early-stage investor partners. Some of our companies include: Beyond Meat, Bird, Roman, Zipline, Carta, SweetGreen, Overtime, and Masterclass, among others.
As a key member of our team, the Communications Manager will be responsible for the creation, execution, and management of our internal and external communications strategy. We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive, highly skilled communicator with a marketing mindset. This is an exciting opportunity to lead our efforts across written and digital communications, branding, social media, and more to drive enhanced value to our stakeholders and increase PROOF’s visibility in the venture ecosystem.
- Develop, create, and execute thoughtful, measurable, and impactful external and internal communications plans, focused on both content development and project management
- Develop and manage the strategy and execution of our most important external communications with key stakeholders, such as mass email, events, and investor relations materials
- Design, produce, and manage marketing events such as our annual Limited Partner events and networking receptions
- Manage database and lists of stakeholders including portfolio companies, Limited Partners, and other business networks
- Manage quarterly newsletter communications with investors, creating initial copy and updates of portfolio companies
- Create and maintain comprehensive and compelling brand materials such as investor presentations, one-pagers, and website content
- Develop and manage a digital marketing presence to expand reach and visibility of PROOF across various social media channels
- Manage all internal communications such as internal meetings, agendas, and strategy sessions
- Collaborate with leadership to execute a diverse range of projects, such as our Finding PROOF Podcast
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications and attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or other relevant discipline
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in communications or closely related field
- Proven effectiveness with communications, digital marketing, content marketing, branding, customer experience marketing, and social media
- Experience with Photoshop, PowerPoint, Constant Contact or similar platform, and data management platforms such as Affinity
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with ability to synthesize information in a clear, concise, and engaging manner
- Strong interpersonal skills, detail-orientation, and results-oriented nature
- Project management experience with strong planning, organization, and time-management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities
- Positive, enthusiastic, and proactive team player with a can-do attitude
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative and has a strong track record of working independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.
Location: This position is based in Reston, Virginia.
Jenny Zemel serves as Manager, Special Projects where she provides interdepartmental support on a variety of projects for both the NVCA team and Venture Forward team. She also helps support the administrative needs of NVCA’s President and CEO Bobby Franklin.