B Capital is seeking an experienced strategic thinker and executor to join the Operations team as Chief of Staff and Director of Operations, to help the COO and Managing General Partner with day-to-day processes and longer-term projects. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated “all-purpose athlete” who can be flexible with their skills to help with a variety of projects across different firm areas.
BASIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategize and draft communications on other’s behalf including company-wide memos, presentations, speaking engagements, press Q&A, etc.
- Operationalize and streamline company management, including managing progress against goals
- Coordinate scheduling & task management for Managing General Partner with his Executive Assistant
- Develop and execute strategic projects (project management, status tracking, and updates)
- Travel with the Managing General Partner to internal meetings, external meetings, offsites, or external conferences
- Prep for and attend meetings with Managing General Partner and Chief Operating Officer, driving follow ups and action items to resolution
- Work with individuals on investment, platform, and operations teams across B Capital’s global offices to manage and drive projects to completion
- Be a thought partner & sounding board for long-term strategy and vision for the firm with an operational lens on how to accomplish these goals
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years of experience in an operations, startup or high-level administrative role from consulting, banking or government agency is preferred
- Strong academic success with a BS/BA degree in a relevant discipline, MBA is a plus
- Exceptionally strong project management, quantitative, and communication skills
- Highly proactive, detail-oriented, organized and efficient
- Experience working with a diverse client group including executives
- Flexibility, resiliency, and ownership while working through challenging problems
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 60% of the time, as required by the role
DESIRED PERSONALITY TRAITS:
- Innovative, collaborative and trustworthy with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in an evolving, dynamic environment
- A sense of humor and an appreciation for sharing in success with teammates
- A keen emotional intelligence quotient and a contained ego
- Demonstrated honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments
- Highly accountable and driven with heavy concentration of grit required. We value and celebrate it.
- Problem-solving, can-do orientation
ABOUT B CAPITAL:
B Capital Group is a multi-stage, international investment firm founded in 2015 by Raj Ganguly, Eduardo Saverin, Howard Morgan, and Kabir Narang. B Capital invests in companies transforming large traditional industries across borders and geographies. Leveraging a global team of seasoned experts and a strategic partnership with BCG, B Capital helps founders navigate business challenges, raise capital, and attract talented leadership at every stage of the startup lifecycle. B Capital invests in enterprise technology (e.g., consumer enablement technologies, enterprise application software, infrastructure, security, AI/ML), fintech and insurtech, industrial and transportation, and healthcare tech and Bio IT. The B Capital portfolio includes global, industry-leading companies like Aetion, Atomwise, Bounce, Centivo, Carro, Dailyhunt, DataRobot, Evidation Health, FalconX, Icertis, Innovaccer, Kopi Kenangan, Ninja Van, Notable Labs, Payfazz, Synack, Ula, and YaloChat, XingYun. For more information, visit http://www.bcapgroup.com/.
B CAPITAL GROUP CORE VALUES:
- B Honest & Trustworthy – Our people and our culture are the heart of our business. We are self-aware, supportive, and trust ourselves and each other. We speak the truth with positive intent. We hold ourselves accountable, are intellectually open, and are constantly learning and growing.
- B Open & Inclusive – Our diverse composition gives us broad and varied perspectives that drive better investments. We find ways to better ourselves and our communities, increasing transparency, fairness, and respect in every interaction. We thrive on the unique qualities of our people, and how together, these qualities make us special.
- B Collaborative – We believe in we vs I, and operate as one global team. We know that no one person has all the answers, and that we are better together. Our successes and failures are equally shared.
- B Bold – We take risks and understand that at times we may fail. We learn from our failures; we don’t repeat them and are constantly striving to be better.
- B Humble – We are humble and believe in winning together with gratitude, knowing that every finish line is the beginning of a new race. We are low ego, and lift each other up.
- B Persistent – When we get knocked down, we rise back up. We persevere, with the enduring perspective that only grit can help us overcome. We know our individual and collective goals and won’t stop short of achieving them. We work hard and play hard.
- B Evolving – We innovate and advocate with boundless curiosity and creativity. We always have a startup mentality.
For those interested in this position, please submit your Cover Letter and CV to the B Capital careers website at https://grnh.se/9431d12c3us.