B Capital Group is looking for an Investor Relations Associate and Chief of Staff to support our Co-Founder in Investor Relations related research, meetings, and events. The Associate shall be primarily responsible for assisting with existing investor servicing as well as project managing the fundraising process with a key focus on due diligence requests from potential investors. The Associate should also excel operationally and help support day-to-day IR processes, including, but not limited to, creating PowerPoint decks and speaking publicly about B Capital.
BASIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead investor outreach and fundraising efforts in partnership with the Co-Founder
- Assisting with the preparation of fund-raising materials including executive summaries, pitch books, PPMs, DDQs, etc.
- Collaborating with investment and finance teams to complete due diligence requests on an ad-hoc basis.
- Organizing LP due diligence on-sites and prepare the relevant presentation materials.
- Manage investor CRM database and various platforms while maintaining high accuracy of data through extensive quality checking procedures.
- Supporting the planning, preparation, and implementation of various investor events
- Developing and preparing annual LP conference materials, pitch books, performance memos
- Supporting the broader finance and investor relations teams with existing and prospective investors
- Supporting various initiatives in building out processes and infrastructure for the Investor Relations function
- Traveling with the Co-Founder to internal meetings, offsites, or external conferences
- Prepare for and attend meetings with the Co-Founder, driving follow ups and action items to resolution.
- Working with individuals on investment, platform, and operations teams across B Capital’s global offices to manage and drive projects to completion.
- Be a thought partner & sounding board for long-term strategy and vision for the firm with an operational lens on how to accomplish these goals.
Please note that this is a non-investment role and will not track towards investment team.
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- 5 years of experience in investor relations, capital raising or in a consultative, long-cycle sales organization.
- Background at a venture capital, fund management/fund administration/wealth management firm, private equity research consultancy or placement agent preferred.
- Effective team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and genuine passion for excellence.
- Results oriented, with the ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Problem-solver mentality with the ability to research solutions and propose resolutions.
- Strategize and draft communications on other’s behalf including company-wide memos, presentations, speaking engagements, press Q&A, etc.
- Operationalize and streamline company management, including managing progress against goals.
- Develop and execute strategic projects (project management, status tracking, and updates).
- More than 50% of travelling is required.
- The ideal candidate is tech-savvy and demonstrates strong interest in the venture capital/technology space including:
- Strong computer skills especially in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to project manage timely and effectively across multiple initiatives.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, result-driven and have strong work ethic.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
At B Capital, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. As a condition of employment all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and must show proof of such vaccination.
ABOUT B CAPITAL:
B Capital is a multi-stage global investment firm that partners with extraordinary entrepreneurs to shape the future through technology. With $6.3 billion in assets under management across multiple funds, the firm focuses on seed to late-stage venture growth investments, primarily in the enterprise, financial technology, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2015, B Capital leverages an integrated team across nine locations in the US and Asia, as well as a strategic partnership with BCG, to provide the value-added support entrepreneurs need to scale fast and efficiently, expand into new markets, and build exceptional companies. For more information, click here.
B CAPITAL GROUP CORE VALUES:
- B Honest & Trustworthy – Our people and our culture are the heart of our business. We are self-aware, supportive, and trust ourselves and each other. We speak the truth with positive intent. We hold ourselves accountable, are intellectually open, and are constantly learning and growing.
- B Open & Inclusive – Our diverse composition gives us broad and varied perspectives that drive better investments. We find ways to better ourselves and our communities, increasing transparency, fairness, and respect in every interaction. We thrive on the unique qualities of our people, and how together, these qualities make us special.
- B Collaborative – We believe in we vs I, and operate as one global team. We know that no one person has all the answers, and that we are better together. Our successes and failures are equally shared.
- B Bold – We take risks and understand that at times we may fail. We learn from our failures; we don’t repeat them and are constantly striving to be better.
- B Humble – We are humble and believe in winning together with gratitude, knowing that every finish line is the beginning of a new race. We are low ego, and lift each other up.
- B Persistent – When we get knocked down, we rise back up. We persevere, with the enduring perspective that only grit can help us overcome. We know our individual and collective goals and won’t stop short of achieving them.
- B Evolving – We innovate and advocate with boundless curiosity and creativity. We always have a startup mentality.
Salary Range for CA Candidates only. The actual salary will commensurate according to relevant experience.
Total Salary expected range: $200,000 – $300,000
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.