Catalyst Investors is a growth equity firm based in New York. Over the past 21 years, Catalyst has had a successful track record of investing in and scaling companies across the software, tech-enabled services and internet infrastructure sectors. The firm employs a rigorous top-down research focus to identify investment opportunities in rapidly-growing private companies where it can partner with strong entrepreneurs to build great growth businesses.
Position: Business Development Analyst, Full-Time
Location: New York, NY
Description: Responsibilities include outbound deal sourcing, conference screening, market research and business development support. This position is uniquely suited to candidates seeking a sales-oriented sourcing role at a leading growth private equity firm.
- Identify potential investment opportunities that align with Catalyst’s research initiatives
- Conduct outreach and build relationships with prospective companies
- Build a robust pipeline of opportunities, identifying top near- and long-term investment prospects
- Screen conferences and other relevant industry events; lead coordination and planning for meetings on behalf of Catalyst attendees; attend conferences and other networking events when appropriate
- Conduct market research in existing areas of interest as well as new sectors
- Support all business development efforts as needed
- Excellent academic credentials
- Proof of ability to work in the U.S.
- Preference for candidates with 1-2 years of relevant deal or prospect sourcing experience; for example, in venture capital, growth equity, private equity, a commercial or investment bank, high-growth start-up or technology company; experience either serving or within the technology sector is a plus
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for technology and rapidly changing industries
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team-player attitude and a desire to work in a small team environment
- Previous sales or deal sourcing training is a plus
To be considered for the role, please send each of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Answers to the following questions (max. 200 words per response):
- After reviewing our website and team, why do you think you would be a strong candidate for Catalyst?
- Based on our investment criteria and strategy, please name an interesting growth company for Catalyst and why.
As the Manager of Communications and Digital Strategy at NVCA, Devin plays a central role in NVCA’s communications operation, communicating with key constituencies in the entrepreneurial ecosystem as well as enhancing NVCA’s brand in Washington, D.C. Devin develops and executes on the organization’s communications and public relations strategies and creates media content to support them.