Synchrony Ventures is the corporate venture capital (CVC) arm of Synchrony (NYSE: SYF). Synchrony is a premier consumer financial services company delivering customized financing programs across key industries including retail, health, auto, travel and home, along with award-winning consumer banking products. Synchrony Ventures is focused on investing across Fintech, Retail and Healthcare in high-potential, early stage companies.
This role entails active involvement in all areas of corporate venture capital investing, portfolio management and ecosystem development. The Ventures AVP will be expected to source new deals, drive pipeline reviews, support due diligence efforts, monitor and support Synchrony’s portfolio of investments and deliver industry and trend reporting. You will be part of a small and high-impact team, with direct exposure to senior management and all aspects of the investment process. This role offers a unique opportunity to be a key impact player and have significant involvement in the evolution of Synchrony Ventures.
This role reports to the SVP of Synchrony Ventures and is part of the Business Strategy & Development organization.
This position is remote, where you have the option to work from home. On occasion we may request for you to commute to our nearest office for in person engagement activities such as team meetings, training and culture events. We’re proud to offer you choice and flexibility.
- Assist in deal sourcing and prospecting efforts, leveraging and building relationships with the venture capital community, corporate venture groups, payments industry networks, founders and entrepreneurs
- Further develop and lead SYF Ventures pipeline process, including pipeline management, communication, meeting organization
- Support investment principals in all aspects of investment due diligence and approvals, including: business model evaluation, market differentiation, customer reference checks, internal socialization, strategic alignment, cultural fit, investment memo creation, among others
- Analyze investment sectors and collaborate in creation of investment theses
- Monitor financial/operational conditions and industry dynamics of portfolio, including support of portfolio monitoring process
- Represent SYF Ventures at key conferences, venture capital summits, or internal SYF events
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in venture capital, corporate venture capital, investment banking, private equity investing, M&A, management consulting or startup experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree and a track record of superior academic achievement
- Fintech, payments, retail or healthcare industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop data-driven perspectives and present insights to executive audiences
- Strong PC proficiency (MS Office Suite) or comparable software applications
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- 2+ years experience independently coordinating due diligence processes, performing financial analysis, performing and synthesizing market research, conducting reference checks, preparing investment memos and presenting recommendations to senior management
- 2+ years venture capital experience including time spent at a venture capital firm or corporate venture arm
- Strong connections to the startup community, investors, and entrepreneurs
- Intellectual curiosity and relentless drive to learn
- Exceptional initiative, attention to detail and capacity to work in a self-directed manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 – 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Grade / Level: 11
Job Family Group: Sales
If you are interested in this position, you can apply here.