The Office of the Advocate for Small Business Capital Formation (OASB) is hiring an Attorney-Adviser to support small business capital formation policy evaluation and analysis. Applicants can learn more about the mission and functions of the new office at http://www.sec.gov/oasb.
Agency: U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
Position: Attorney Adviser
Location: Washington, DC
Open & close date: 11/19/2021-12/03/2021
Salary: 113,533 – $220,858 per year
- Analyze the potential impact of proposed SEC regulations and SRO rules on small businesses and their investors, including rules proposed by both the SEC and self-regulatory organizations that are likely to have a significant economic impact on small businesses and small business capital formation.
- Propose appropriate regulatory and legislative changes to the SEC and Congress to mitigate problems identified with small business capital formation and to promote the interests of small businesses and their investors.
- Assist small businesses and their investors in resolving significant problems with the SEC or self-regulatory organizations (SROs).
- Identify problems that small businesses have with securing access to capital, including any unique challenges to minority-owned and women-owned small businesses and small businesses affected by natural disasters.
- Identify areas in which small businesses and their investors would benefit from changes in SEC regulations or SRO rules.
- Prepare an annual report to Congress providing analysis of the issues small businesses face and steps the Office has taken to address such issues over the past year.
- Conduct outreach to small businesses and their investors to solicit views on capital formation issues.
- Interact with a variety of organizations and individuals, both within the SEC and externally, on small business-related issues.
Conditions of Employment
CITIZENSHIP: This position is open to US Citizens.
You must possess a J.D. or LL.B Degree
You must be an active member of the bar in good standing
For qualification requirements and to apply to this position: click the following link: https://go.usa.gov/xeXXv.