About Altos Ventures
Founded in 1996, Altos Ventures is a venture capital firm based in Silicon Valley. Through patient and pragmatic investing, Altos partners with early to growth stage technology companies operating in consumer and enterprise sectors, with the goal of building durable and compounding businesses over decades. As a registered investment advisor (RIA) with the SEC, Altos has a uniquely flexible, long–term, and concentrated approach to venture capital, typically partnering with companies at the Series A or B with the ability to meaningfully increase its investments over time. Altos invests globally with its headquarters in Menlo Park (soon moving to Burlingame) and operates its second office in Seoul, South Korea. The team has partnered with close to 200 companies around the world over its quarter century history.
Associate – Investment Team
Altos Ventures is looking to hire an Associate to the investment team in our Silicon Valley office. This is a highly entrepreneurial role on a lean team that will offer in-depth exposure to the venture capital and technology industries. While we have a flexible office policy, we highly encourage our team to be local in the Bay Area. Core functions and responsibilities will include:
- Identify and assess investment opportunities from start to end, including sourcing new ideas, building relationships with founders and entrepreneurs, conducting company and market due diligence, devising investment memos, presenting at investment committees, and arriving at investment decisions in collaboration with the broader investment team
- Partner with Altos company CEOs and management teams to provide operational guidance; assist investment and operations teams in tracking portfolio company activities; and help lead re-underwriting processes for follow-on investment opportunities
- Ideate and research emerging themes, sectors and geographies to push the envelope on Altos’ investing activities
- Support miscellaneous operational initiatives across the board and continuously help improve Altos as a firm
Desired qualifications and experiences for this role include:
- Strong analytical background, an entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for technology
- 1 to 4 years of relevant experience with a top-tier venture capital, growth equity, private equity, investment banking, management consulting, public equities, or technology firm
- Intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn and deepen expertise
- Ability to take full ownership over responsibilities and run with multiple projects while self-prioritizing
- Highly communicative, confident to interact and be front facing both within and outside the organization
- Willingness to travel domestically and/or internationally for company meetings or conferences
- Team-oriented mindset
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Positive and humble attitude
If you are passionate about investing and technology and are interested in this role, please send your resume to email@example.com with a short email cover explaining why you are interested in the Associate role at Altos Ventures.
Jenny Zemel serves as Manager, Special Projects where she provides interdepartmental support on a variety of projects for both the NVCA team and Venture Forward team. She also helps support the administrative needs of NVCA’s President and CEO Bobby Franklin.